17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2011 7:34 AM by harebrainedfilms RSS

"An unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file:"

Webshark2000 Community Member

Has anyone else gotten this error in any of their projects?  I've searched around Adobe support pages and elsewhere on the internet, but have found nothing.

It comes up in the events window and I can't even read what file it's talking about because it's on the next line, but the error message only shows one line and I haven't figured out a way to expand it.

I'm not even sure if it's causing any problems, or not (the project seems to work ok).  This message shows up twice, as a red circle with an 'X' in it, but I also get the following message numerous times referring to a large amount of my .avi files:

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of filename.avi.  Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

That message shows up as a yellow triangle with an '!' in it.  Since I haven't been able to turn anything up about these messages, I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knew what was going on, how to fix the problem or if I should even worry about them.