0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 8:09 AM by Toddwashere

URLLoader Connects sometimes

I have a program (.swf) that makes a few different calls to our server, in AS 3.0, Flash Player 10. This program is run locally, not on a server and not embedded in a webpage. The calls work perfectly sometimes, other times all calls get an IOError.

The only way that seems to fix it is if I open up a web browser and put the server URL in and go to that page in the browser. Once I do that all server calls suddenly start working again, at least for a little while.

My server guy doesn't see any attempts in his logs which makes me think the problem is on my side of things.

• I have tried the whole passing a random number with the URL but it still happens.
      • I have changed flash security settings to trust my application folder as well as our webserver's root URL, still happens.
      • I have installed the latest flash player from adobe.com, as of maybe a week ago.
      • this happens on multiple computers running the same swf.
      • Computers are running Vista, hehe please don't just say "there's your problem right there."

I am using a URLLoader and a URLRequester for my 2 way communication with the server, which works fine sometimes.

//Here is the basics of my code

request = new URLRequest(ActivationPath);
      request.data = getDataToPass();

request.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
      loader = new URLLoader();
      loader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.VARIABLES;

loader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, doSuccess, false, 0, true);
      loader.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, doFail, false, 0, true);

I think Flash might be breaking communication with the server for some reason at random times, not allowing any new calls to the server.

When it fails, it traces: Error opening URL 'http://www.myServerName/login.aspx?random=1754'
      then calls my doFail function

Please help. Thanks,