2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 10:17 AM by dodo_lin

Cyrillic font

dodo_lin
      Our reporting tool cannot interpret Cyrillic fonts (correctly) saved by an application that was developed in ColdFusion 4. The Cold Fusion4 application would disply them correctly, but the character look very different saved in database.

Someone told me this is a bug that has been fixed for Cold Fusion 6 and newer.

But whaterever the ColdFusion4 the encoding method is, we would need to convert those character to something can be read by other products, too. How can we do that? I hope we would not need to convert data manually.

Can someone please help?
        • 1. Re: Cyrillic font
          Level 7
          dodo_lin wrote:
          > Our reporting tool cannot interpret Cyrillic fonts (correctly) saved by an

nothing to do w/the fonts.

> application that was developed in ColdFusion 4. The Cold Fusion4 application
          > would disply them correctly, but the character look very different saved in
          > database.

you give no details but i guess you saved your data using some codepage encoding
          & now that cf supports unicode it's all garbage.

> convert those character to something can be read by other products, too. How
          > can we do that? I hope we would not need to convert data manually.

no need to re-type everything, if you're sure cf4 outputs the data correctly,
          the cheapest way is to create a page on the cf4 server that simply dumps out the
          data in a format that your db can parse. then either copy that to a text file &
          use your db tools to import it as unicode or make a cfhttp call from your cfmx
          server to the cf4 server & parse & insert the data into your db using cfmx.
          • 2. Re: Cyrillic font
            dodo_lin Level 1
            thanks!

that is a good idea. I will try that.