4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2009 7:07 AM by John Joslin RSS

missing fonts Photoshop CS3 in Win 7

IsleofGough Community Member

Photoshop worked fine in XP Pro SP 3. I reformatted the HD and installed Win 7. I installed some postscript fonts and they don't show up in Photoshop but show up fine in Framemaker and MS Office products. Any suggestions.

• 1. Re: missing fonts Photoshop CS3 in Win 7
          John Joslin Community Member

How did you install the fonts?

• 2. Re: missing fonts Photoshop CS3 in Win 7
            Mylenium MVP

What PostScript fonts are they exactly? If they are printer fonts, they may be flagged specifically so they can't be used in some products. That is, they may only allow to use their cached bitmap version for typing, but not generate vector contours for editing. That aside, have you tried to flush your AdobeFnt.lst files and your system font cache (C:\Windows\System32\FntCache.dat)? thast is usualyl a good place to start.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: missing fonts Photoshop CS3 in Win 7
              IsleofGough Community Member

Deleting the font cache files did not help, nor did copy the postscript files to Adobe's common font folder or to Photoshop's font folder. The particular font I wanted to install was Teff's trinite font, but I discovered this is a problem with any postscript files from any company (Tiro Typeworks, Monotype, etc.). I haven't seen this described with Win 7, but searching for a solution, I found that this seems to be an issue with Windows 64 bit systems (XP and Vista) and PS fonts and CS3 products. The only solutions I've found were to use otf fonts (not possible with trinite) or upgrade to CS4 (not something I plan to do, as it is too buggy in Premier, Encore, etc. and I will wait for CS5). Thanks.

The installation was directly through Win 7 "install font" option. As mentioned, these fonts work fine with Framemaker and MS Office 2007 products.

• 4. Re: missing fonts Photoshop CS3 in Win 7
                John Joslin Community Member

Interesting. Maybe it's because PS fonts are on the way out.