• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controller Playback Scrubber doesn't work with imported swf

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a new slide, import a .swf animation and publish the file, the scrubber for the controller (the item you can move on the controller to review forward and cue back) moves, but the .swf doesn't react to it, it basically stays still. This can mess up the timing of the whole file. How do I fix??

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What "animation" did you import? For example, sometimes folks create a Captivate presentation, then insert the one they created into a second presentation. Was this what you did? Where did you get the animation that was imported?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I created a presentation in Captivate with a controller skin with playback. On the slides that I create with captivate the playback head (scrubber) works fine. If I insert a .swf that I created in Flash which basically has simple tweens on a timeline (not calling MC with code or anything fancy) and place this on a separate slide or on a slide with activity I created with Captivate, the .swf plays fine. However if I move the scrubber, the .swf does not recognize the tween in the .swf. Hope this answers your question ... we need help!

I can attach a file from work tomorrow if needed, just got home!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "scrubber" will work for the Captivate swf, but not the imported ones. The only thing I can think of is to syncronize your imported SWF in your Captivate project, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Try it out. Click your imported SWF and go to the options tab and select "Syncronize with project".

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael that's a big help (can't believe I didn't notice this!)

The drawback is if your animation is full screen, and in my case only 640 x 480 it runs into serious performance problems where the published flash file works just fine. Importing into captivate causes frames to drop and sound to fail. Anything else you can advise would be great. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 07, 2009 Nov 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that is unfortunately the flip-side of the coin. Once you syncronize the SWF with Captivate then the Flash Player no longer controls the actions and that can cause "lag" and performance issues. This is especially true if the imported SWF contains audio or alot of ActionScript code.

I don't think that there is an easy solution to this unfortunately. I guess that you could create some functionality in your Flash SWF that will check for the current frame in Captivate and "syncronize" that way instead. It will be rather complex though and I'm not 100% sure that it will help with your problem.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources