3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 5:08 AM by mrock66

Presenter 7 freezes PowerPoint in Vista 64 and in Windows 7

dxroberson

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to get presenter 7 to work with Vista 64 or Windows 7.  Each time I try to use Presenter 7 in PowerPoint (the Office 2007 variety) PowerPoint becomes unresponsive.  I have installed all of the Presenter 7 patches and it still won't work.  Does anyone know how I might solve this problem?  I'd appreciate any help.

• 1. Re: Presenter 7 freezes PowerPoint in Vista 64 and in Windows 7
          mrock66 Level 2

I had many issues with Vista 64 and Office in general, I would suggest reinstalling or repairing Office 2007 to see if it fixes the issue.

I am currently running Windows 7 64bit and Office 2007/Presenter 7 with no issues.

matt rock  |  Technical Response Team, Connect  | 

adobe systems

my.adobe.acrobat.com/mattrock

• 2. Re: Presenter 7 freezes PowerPoint in Vista 64 and in Windows 7
            dxroberson Level 1

Thanks Matt! Reinstalling Office 2007 worked.  I can now use Presenter 7 inside of PowerPoint 2007.

I did encounter another issue however.  I removed and them reinstalled Presenter 7 from my computer.  Doing this, as you might expect, required that I type in my serial number.  While I acquired Presenter 7 legally from Adobe, I can't seem to find it among my many other software purchases from Adobe.  Was it an additional product of, say, Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended?  If so, will I need to reinstall Acrobat to re-legitimize Presenter 7.

Not sure if you know the answer to the above question, but I thought I'd ask.  I've had the product for a while and I finally have a real project that would benefit from its use.

Best Regards,

Dexter

• 3. Re: Presenter 7 freezes PowerPoint in Vista 64 and in Windows 7
              mrock66 Level 2

Yes, it is part of the Acrobat Pro Extended, unfortunately I'm not sure if you can activate without installing the complete package.

I think you might have to install the entire suite.

matt rock  |  Technical Response Team, Connect  |  adobe systems

my.adobe.acrobat.com/mattrock