4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 8:03 PM by kjmusic

artboard rulers

wreckincrews

hello,

simple question here, apparently.

how to change the Artboard Rulers color?

it comes in an eye-slashing default green and i was wondering if there is a way to change that

(Tip - i'm not referring to The Rulers - stage ones - black-and-white ones)

thanks for your time,

n

• 1. Re: artboard rulers
          markerline Level 4

Edit>Preferences>Guides&Grid (as far as I can tell from your question)

-markerline

• 2. Re: artboard rulers
            wreckincrews Level 1

ruler =/= guide

thx, but no thx

• 3. Re: artboard rulers
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

I don't think there is a user definable way. You might look at the preferences and see if it is listed there but I caution about changing the preferences with an untested change.

• 4. Re: artboard rulers - Isn't there ANY WAY to change the color from the eye-popping Neon Green??
                kjmusic

Hi there -w

I can't imagine w/ all of the ways that Adobe has created for the end-user to customize their CS4 Application's workspace, that they would have FAILED TO INCLUDE A WAY TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE ARTBOARD RULERS!!!    

The default color is a EYE-POPPING CHARTREUSE (Neon Green) that is EXTREMELY HARD TO SEE against the background of the workspace around the artboards.  Even though I have the Appearance panel of the User Preferences set to as dark as possible, IT STILL doesn't give you enough contrast to see the NEON GREEN Rulers!!

This is only made worse by the fact that I am extremely near-sighted and am currently waiting for my new glasses (with a considerable change in my Rx) to come in.  In the mean time the colors of the artboard rulers (which apparently Adobe has made it IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE give me excruciating eye strain headache by the time that work ALL DAY doing Graphic Design work for a small non-profit organization!!

IF ADOBE WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO PREVENT THE END-USER FROM CHANGING THE COLOR OF THESE RULERS THEN...

THEY NEED TO RELEASE A PATCH

IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER!!!

I am including a couple of screenshots from the document that I am currently working on, as well as an annotated screenshot showing just how IMPOSSIBLE it is to see the markings on the ruler w/o increasing the magnification to something well IN EXCESS OF 750% OR MORE just to see the numbers on the ruler!! This wastes a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME never mind the excruciating eye strain that it leads to!!

Actual Sreenshot of how hard it is to see the Artboard Rulers in Photoshop

AB Rulers Color Eror - ANNOTATED.png

Artboard Rulers as shown while in the Artboard Tool (which shades the areas outside of the actual artboards).

Artboard Rulers (shown in AB Tool Mode).png

Screenshot of my User Interface Preference Panel Settings

Illustrator CS4 - User Interface Preferences.png