Laura_RN
      I am trying to rename the topics using a numbering sequence:

010_010_Topic Name
      010_010_01_Topic Name
      010_010_03_Topic Name

010_020_Topic Name
      010_020_01_Topic Name
      etc.

The system is filing the 010_020_01 before the 010_020. Anyone have any ideas why or a better numbering system they would like to share?
        • 1. Re: Renaming Topics
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          Welcome to the forum.

Try 010_02_00_TopicName instead of 010_020_Topic Name to get the sort order working.

However consider that when a user searches, the list will be start with all those numbers making it rather unfriendly.

• 2. Re: Renaming Topics
            Laura_RN Level 1
            I managed to get it to sort correctly by using 010_020 topic (eliminating the underscore after the last number.

I am new at RoboHelp but was told that I could create a table of contents without the numbers for the user to search. This numbering system was only for me in editing the topics.
            • 3. Re: Renaming Topics
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
              Your TOC will be OK. It is the topic title (not the heading of the topic) that will display in the search results so as long as those numbers are not also in the title in the Properties, you will be OK. Sorry to mislead you.

• 4. Re: Renaming Topics
                Linux Rules Level 2
                quote:

Originally posted by: Laura RN
                The system is filing the 010_020_01 before the 010_020. Anyone have any ideas why or a better numbering system they would like to share?

It has nothing to do with RoboHelp or any other program for that matter - it is the Windows operating system that is responsible for the list sort displaying that way.

Regards,
                GEWB