0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 9:19 AM by jbinfoman2

command to move label (from xml) to another list

jbinfoman2

I see all kinds of examples of drag and drop from one list to another but not this type of move.  I am trying to get a mouse click to move a label off the canvas and into a list component which I will later use to compare to the origional list of labels which comes from an xml file.

Maybe I am doing this wrong but I have dynamic labels moving accross the canvas which I want removed upon mouseclick and then placed into a list to be used later for compasision. Here is what I am using so far:

<!-- Disolve Out And Move-->

<mx:Parallel id="dissolveOutAndMove">

<mx:Dissolve id="dissolveOut" duration="2000" alphaFrom="1.0" alphaTo="0.0"  />

<mx:Move id="moveToList"  xTo="400" yTo="400" duration="2000"/>

</mx:Parallel>

<!-- Keyword Group 1 -->

<mx:Label text="{enWordsXML.keyword[0].word}" id="word0"
                           x="85" y="239"
                           fontFamily="Georgia" fontSize="20" fontWeight="bold" color="#1689A2" textAlign="left"
                           mouseDownEffect="{dissolveOutAndMove}"

/>

<mx:Label text="{enWordsXML.keyword[1].word}" id="word1"
                           x="197" y="267"
                           fontFamily="Verdana" fontSize="23" fontWeight="bold" color="#293C0B"
                           mouseDownEffect="{moveToList}"

/>

etc.......

I know my "moveToList" right now is just applying a move command but what I really want is that mouseclick to move the label to a list component and remove it from the canvas.

Anyone know how to do this?  I know I am missing something simple.....