Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing duplicate cdp file

Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp HTML 8.  I read in a thread that one way to fix a corrupted project was to rename the cdp file.  The thread said that after you are certain that the project is functioning okay, delete the original cdp file.

So I renamed the cdp file and my project seems to be working fine (except I have to replace most of the folders and re-import the topics--but at least the project is working okay).  But when I look at the cdp files, the original file seems to be the active file.  The newer one, which I renamed, does not seem that it is being updated.  Which file do I delete?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

This is a wording problem - the "original" .cpd file is the file you renamed. The "new" .cpd file is the one the project recreated with the project name.

When you renamed your original .cpd file, you hid it from the project - from the project's point of view, you deleted it, but you still have it as a backup copy.

Delete the renamed .cpd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a wording problem - the "original" .cpd file is the file you renamed. The "new" .cpd file is the one the project recreated with the project name.

When you renamed your original .cpd file, you hid it from the project - from the project's point of view, you deleted it, but you still have it as a backup copy.

Delete the renamed .cpd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  That's what I thought, but wanted confirmation before deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp