3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 5:30 PM by kglad

Need help with AS 2 depth management

Aurealius

Hi all,

I am working on a US map that was developed by someone else, and they do not have an answer for a bug in the programming.

The Flash file contains each of the 50 U.S. States as objects with instance names and they are defined as variables through AS 2 on the Flash File timeline. A separate AS 2 file creates each U.S. State as a "region" dynamically and manages the depth of objects throughout the many lines of code. The properties of each state, such as it's background color, are then defined in an XML file.

As I define a color variable for each U.S. State in the XML file, the color of the state writes over top of another object (created dynamicaly through AS 2 code and then defined in the XML), which is the locations and their "dots" that indicate their geographic (i.e.: a location can be a service center located in Texas).

I've tried everything I can think of, and read and followed every instruction I can find in order to move the Location text and their corresponding "dots" to write on top of each state with no success. I'm just a beginner in AS and have come from the design side. This stuff is mostly vodoo to me to begin with. Can anyone help me? Would this file be better if migrated to AS 3.0? If so, how in the world do I do that? Remember, I'm no programmer.

I've attached a Zip file for any of you code warriors out there they may have the answer.

Thanks,

Aurealius