1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2009 6:36 AM by Steve Grisetti

Cannot Uninstall Elements 3.0.2 Vista 64

Whatsrbucket

I am trying to uninstall Premiere Elements 3.0.2 from a Vista 64 machine but I keep getting this error:

[IMG]http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/loggrad98/PremiereElementsUninstallProblem.jpg[/I MG]

On my machine drive K: is a multi-media flash slot with nothing in it.  Elements was never installed there.  I have no idea whatsoever why it would reference this drive in trying to uninstall it and it will not no matter what I do let me progress past this point.  It does not in the uninstall dialogues give me an option for choosing a drive.  I am using the uninstall programs function within Vista, I am not trying to remove it manually although I guess I will if I can't find a way to make this work.

Here is my machine info:

HP d5100t

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 ghz

6.0 GB RAM

Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt 1 GB vid card

• 1. Re: Cannot Uninstall Elements 3.0.2 Vista 64
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The easiest way to get a good uninstall is the reinstall the program first, of course.

But, if you don't want to do that, you can always just remove the program files manually from the PROGRAM FILES folder on your hard drive and then run a registry cleaner, like CCleaner or Advanced System Care. That will take care of the relevant stuff.

1 person found this helpful