2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2008 8:25 AM by

call 'show/hide' behaviour when opening page

Pat_Mc
      Hi All
      I have a page (guide.html) with a number of layers on it, and on the same page a number of buttons. I have behviours attached to the buttons to show / hide the appropriate layers when 'onclick' - this all works fine.

I would now like to navigate to this page from another page that also has buttons on it (overview.html) and in the url in the link I would also like to add a parameter that would invoke the show.hide javascript for a particular layer on the guide.html page dependant on which button had been clicked on the overview.html page.
      Is this possible please? if so, what is the format of the url link I need to use?
      Thanks Pat
        • 1. Re: call 'show/hide' behaviour when opening page
          Level 7
          > Is this possible please?

Yes. Using DW behaviors only? No.

You would need to have some custom javascript that parses the incoming link
          to determine which layer to show/hide. Look in your javascript snippets -
          there may be something there you could use.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"Pat_Mc" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g35tje$1u6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi All
          > I have a page (guide.html) with a number of layers on it, and on the same
          > page
          > a number of buttons. I have behviours attached to the buttons to show /
          > hide
          > the appropriate layers when 'onclick' - this all works fine.
          >
          > I would now like to navigate to this page from another page that also has
          > buttons on it (overview.html) and in the url in the link I would also like
          > to
          > add a parameter that would invoke the show.hide javascript for a
          > particular
          > layer on the guide.html page dependant on which button had been clicked on
          > the
          > overview.html page.
          > Is this possible please? if so, what is the format of the url link I need
          > to
          > use?
          > Thanks Pat
          >

• 2. Re: call 'show/hide' behaviour when opening page
            this information is not enough will you please give more details regarding this