3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2009 1:07 PM by Kodebuster

What export formats is possible?

swepeter

Sorry for stupid question but when I read specs for Premiere elements studio 8 it seems most good formats are not possible for export...? If I record in HDV with my videorecorder is it not possible to export or/and put up the movies as HD material? If I record in HDV or avchd, do I have to convert to a format with less quality?

Thank you for helping out!

Peter

• 1. Re: What export formats is possible?
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          when I read specs for Premiere elements studio 8 it seems most good formats are not possible for export...?

What is your intended delivery scheme? Which formats do you want, that are missing?

For HD delivery, one has many options, including BD (Blu-ray Disc), and also HD streaming, or computer playable formats/CODEC's, like WMV HD, H.264, etc.. What do you need and how do you intend to deliver the material?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - Welcome to the forum!

Message was edited by: the_wine_snob - Added PS.

• 2. Re: What export formats is possible?
            swepeter Level 1

Thank's for your answer and when I read the product specification a litte more carefull I think I can read out that it supports HD streaming (?) and that is my main use. I also see that it now supports AVCHD in this new version. So I guess it's fine for me and my needs. It´s hard to choose between Pinnacle and Adobe and to spot the differences :-).

Thank's for your help!

Peter

• 3. Re: What export formats is possible?
              Kodebuster Level 3

PE7 and 8 will support AVCHD natively, but you'll need a PC with some horsepower to edit successfully.

The specs are a Quad Core with 4 gig, and this is the bare minimum recommended.

Anything less and you will become bored silly watching the hour glass, or waiting on things to happen.

For those who don't have the horsepower, one approach is to convert to HDV as per this FAQ:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390605?tstart=0