4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 12:56 PM by Pete-1967

Help creating this please!

Pete-1967 Level 1

I have attached two images I have seen on another site. Nothing mind blowing however I really like the glassy look of these.

I always struggle making layers and gradients look convincing and was wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom in recreating this look.

I love the way each background is rich in colour as well as depth and it is that I am having problems with.

Many thanks.

ps, pic are screen captured hence the text looking odd.

• 1. Re: Help creating this please!
          pixlor Level 4

Looks like a rectangle with a radial gradient as the first object, then a white oval at about 2% opacity over that. Fireworks .png:

background.png

I made a graphic showing how to edit gradient colors some time ago (at least, in CS3). Click on the drop down arrow and select Fill Options.... Then click the Edit button. You use the color chips to set the color of each node and you can also set the opacity of each node. You can add nodes and slide them to narrow portions of the color band.

gradient.png

• 2. Re: Help creating this please!
            Pete-1967 Level 1

Oh my goodness!

You know, I can't believe you have done it and it looks so simple to do.

Thank you so much. I will have a play with this in FW shortly.

Thank you again

• 3. Re: Help creating this please!
              pixlor Level 4

Happy to help!

I think it's a matter of training yourself to look at the elements that compose an image. Start from the back, which will be the bottom object in the layer stack and try to figure out what it is. Then move upwards/forwards to the next object, try to figure out what it is, and how it is interacting with the objects below. Opacity changes are often used, but sometimes blending modes are pulled into play.

• 4. Re: Help creating this please!
                Pete-1967 Level 1

Hi there,

Got the hang of, what is so simple, and thank you again.

Edited this effect and it is in various colours and will for the header of a new site I am working on.

Thank you very much again