5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 10:08 AM by the_wine_snob

How to delete disc menu when there is only one used?

WHoit

(Premiere Elements 8)

I have added a disc menu (only one) in my project and no longer want it.

I do NOT want to replace it - I want to REMOVE it so there is no longer any disc menu at all.

I don't see any way to do this - can you tell me how to remove a disc menu when it's the only one in use?

• 1. Re: How to delete disc menu when there is only one used?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you change the structure of the DVD-Video to Disc>Auto Play (exact syntax might vary by version number), it will then eliminate the Menu Set chosen. This is basically a "toggle," so it's ON, or OFF.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: How to delete disc menu when there is only one used?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

WHoit,

Please let me know how the syntax of the Disc menu might have changed for PrE 8. I only have PrE 4, and know that some terms and also locations have changed with the newer versions. This is just for my education, as the general operation should work for you. I just do not want to be using terms that are no longer correct in the later versions. Steve G. and ATR have had to work overtime to keep me updated to at least this century!!!!

Thanks and good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: How to delete disc menu when there is only one used?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

WHoit

I do have Premiere Elements 8 installed and can offer specific details related to your question.

I suspect that you do not need them, but I will post them here just in case. These are very similar to the 4 and 7 versions.

In the Disc Menus Section of the program, look to the bottom right of the disc menus Monitor to see two buttons,

Auto-Play and Preview. If you have already applied a DVD Menu Template, clicking the Auto-Play button will take you back to the no menu situation. And, you can apply another DVD Menu Template as you wish and, if you want to, remove that one in the same manner.

I have not tried it yet in Premiere Elements 8, but I seen reports that, in some prior versions, you could place scene markers on the Timeline, use the AutoPlay option, and still navigate chapters of your DVD-VIDEO with your TV Remote.

ATR

• 5. Re: How to delete disc menu when there is only one used?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Thanks, as always, for the info. I had just looked at the Disc menu drop-down from the Toolbar for the "Auto Play," option. That setting is also available from the Disc dialog screen. Glad that the terms and locations were not changed much between the versions.

Guess that I need to get PrE 8, whether I use it, or not, so I will know where things are located. I'm still reading Steve G's PrE 7 book, and have his PrE 8 book to educate me. Trouble is, I'm also reading on PrPro CS4, which I have yet to upgrade to! Lately, I have had little time to actually do any editing, 'cause I'm busy reading about newer versions of several Adobe programs - plus learning more about AfterEffects. Thank goodness I love to read...

Appreciated,

Hunt