5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 10:19 PM by Mylenium

No using wiggle effect when rendering with Media Encoder

Alexauwa

Hey!

I wanted to render my project (by "add AE project") to CS4 media encoder. After the render process

my wiggle effects which I applied to my footage was not considered and did not appear at all. When I

just render with AE4 it work.

Do I need to  change any settings or pick a special format in the media encoder?

I'd be glad for an answer!

best,

Alex

• 1. Re: No using wiggle effect when rendering with Media Encoder
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Unfortunately that is a bug in Adobe Media Encoder - it does not correctly handle expressions, if they were created in the non-default language. If your AE runs in English, but AME in German, AME will run the background instance of AE it uses to handle AE projects also in German and your expressions break, because they are language specific. Nothing you can change. As a workaround, consider using the Convert Expressions to Keyframes keyframe assistant before rendering with AME. For a few layers with simple stuff that should be acceptable, but of course it will be a nightmare with lots of expressions.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: No using wiggle effect when rendering with Media Encoder
            Alexauwa Level 1

Aw I see.

So what i could do is, start AE in german, fix the eng. expression and then come back to

the AME, as my project file does not have the expression in english in it!?

• 3. Re: No using wiggle effect when rendering with Media Encoder

That should work - in theory. The feature is twitchy, so I can't give you any guarantees. It's this dangerous combination of the language, AME saving temporary project files and temporary frames and a few other things. Admittedly, my expression stuff is a hundred times more complex than simple wiggles, but I have yet to see it working properly in AME. I would simply try it with a short piece. If it works, then congrats, if it doesn't, the keyframe conversion should do the trick.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: No using wiggle effect when rendering with Media Encoder
                Alexauwa Level 1

I am using the wiggle expression with a control slider. So which keyframes would I then have

to mark and convert, those in postion, at the slider or both. Since it has not been available to

select just then, no option for it, it was grey. But ill try the other trick first, thanks!

• 5. Re: No using wiggle effect when rendering with Media Encoder

The keyframe conversion must be applied to the property containing the expression. Select the property in the timeline, then run the assistant. Since the expression result already contains all the values from your slider, there is no need to do anything with that. when the conversion is completed, the expression will be disabled and keyframes be all over the place, so if something goes wrong, you can always delete the keys and re-enable the expression.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful