3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 6:05 PM by David_F57

Flex 3 Compile Error

behrlich

Hi All,

I just recently opened a project in Flex Builder 3 (Educational) in Eclipse to make some tweaks and one of the mxml files is throwing off the following errors:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 175    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 175    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 239    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 239    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 252    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 252    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 291    Flex Problem
      1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TaskListEvent.    MyLists.mxml    Honeydo - Beta/src/com/honeydo/views    line 291    Flex Problem

I read somewhere that this might be related to not having the professional version of Flex Builder?  It was, but recently a message popped-up and said the that my Professional features expired... and I didn't think anything of it, but maybe has something to do with it?

I also when it to check the Flash type required and made sure it was 10.0.0 and still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

• 1. Re: Flex 3 Compile Error
          Peter deHaan Level 4

What is a "TaskListEvent", and is the class imported? Or are you using it in MXML vs ActionScript.

Peter

• 2. Re: Flex 3 Compile Error
            behrlich Level 1

Peter,

Thanks for your response.  I'm a bit of a newbie to the flex stuff and our developer who built it is unavailable.  Our backend db is tied into Salesforce so I believe it is an imported class from there.  TaskListEvent relates to the events (right terminology?) to create and editing tasks and lists in the UI.   the files is an mxml file.   Again, thanks for your response and help and if you need more clarification to point me in the right direciton, please let me know.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Flex 3 Compile Error
              David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

This is more an assumption(I don't use salesforce), but the toolkit for salesforce should be included in the project so either the required components are added through the project properties or in the projects lib folder, I would check and if there is nothing in your lib folder or no reference in the project properties build path that would cuase your errors.

David