2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 5:11 PM by looki-loo

cant' copy text with 9.2

looki-loo

i have been using adobe reader 6 for a long time and quite liked it because i could copy text from a pdf document and paste it into wordpad or other word processor. i often pick bits and pieces out of long pdf documents to create one with more concise makeup.  a lot of times i print a pdf document from the internet where i don't have a printer.

recently i found that on some pdf docs, i could not perform this copy feature. the icons were there to use but nothing happened when i tried to work on the pdf document.  so i thought maybe i needed a newer version.

just installed 9.2 and i cannot find how to do the same thing, has this feature disappeared with this version?

i did find where i could copy text but when i paste it into wordpad it is a file much like when one copies an image.

can anyone enlighten me on this topic?

if the text copy feature is gone..i am going to uninstall 9.2 and go back to my old version 6.

• 1. Re: cant' copy text with 9.2
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

looki-loo wrote:

just installed 9.2 and i cannot find how to do the same thing, has this feature disappeared with this version?

Still there. It's the same "select tool" as available in earlier versions. If you don't have it on your toolbar, right click in the toolbar area, select "more tools" then find the select tool and check it. You'll have it in your toolbar like before.

looki-loo wrote:

i did find where i could copy text but when i paste it into wordpad it is a file much like when one copies an image.

can anyone enlighten me on this topic?

Sounds like it may look like text but is just an image of some text (like a scan).

• 2. Re: cant' copy text with 9.2
            looki-loo Level 1

yes i did have the select tool. i tried both methods...right click to copy and edit copy. each time i pasted to wordpad...the text showed but in an image format. 

i have uninstalled 9.2 and gone back to v6.  i used exactly the same file and was able to do the copy/paste text no problem. so it must be a change in the version.