3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 12:30 PM by gabrielaVzla

Set component state

gabrielaVzla Level 1

I have created my own custom component and have been using the ¨set component state¨ function in the timeline to control it. I noticed that there is a check box in the properties of this action with a ¨repeat¨ option. However, its greyed out on my computer

How come its grey? Anyway I can use this ¨repeat¨ function?

Thanks,

gabriela

• 1. Re: Set component state
          Tvoliter Adobe Employee

Hi Gabriela,

The repeat features are disabled for the "Set Component State" action since repeating this action wouldn't change the custom component after the first time it ran. For example, if the action set a custom component to the "Show Details" state, then repeating the action again would not change the custom component since it is already in the "Show Details" state.

In a future build of Catalyst you will see that in this case the "repeat" checkbox will now disappear to better indicate that the functionality isn't allowed. I realize that the disabled appearance makes users think there is some change that can me made to enable the functioanlity.

I am curious what you wanted to do with the repeat functionality on "Set Component State". Perhaps there is a useful case I wasn't aware of?

- Ty

• 2. Re: Set component state
            gabrielaVzla Level 1

Hi Ty.

I am attachingthe file I´m working on since you said you were curious . I ended up using the repeat function within the custom component instead... to make it toggle back and forth from state 1 and 2.

Is there any way to ´pause´ an action sequence once its been executed tho? I have the ´blinking´ set for about 6 times, but I hope it doesn´t interfere with future transitions.

Let me know if you have any questions... I hope its all clear.

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: Set component state
              gabrielaVzla Level 1

Sorry.. internet connection sucks.. I will try sending you a link another way.

-gabriela