2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 6:25 PM by the_wine_snob

Elements 2.0 Memory Error

KCV04

OK...I know this is an old version but it generally has every feature I need for my home video conversions.

I recently started getting an Add Media Error "There is not enough memory to add requested media."

I'm just trying to add about 20 pictures to make a slideshow which I've done many times....so they are just .jpg files and very small.

I have 8G free space on my hard drive and 200G free on my external.  Also, 1G RAM.

The only recent change I made to my computer was to add a wireless router.

Any advice?

Thank you!!

• 1. Re: Elements 2.0 Memory Error
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Ouch! 8 gig of space left on your C drive! That's definitely a recipe for disaster. If you want to run a program as intensive as Premiere Elements successfully, you're going to need at least 20-30 gigs free. And that should be defragmented often.

You also might want to double up on that RAM if you want to work on a video more than a minute or two long.

But the main reason this particular project is failing is likely because you haven't optimized your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels, per the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Elements 2.0 Memory Error
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with Steve, and maybe am a bit more stringent on my free-space. I recommend 50GB of defragmented free-space as a minimum. There are many files, beyond just the Exported file size, that PrE needs to work correctly - much more.

Also, there are several aspects of "memory." One is physical RAM, but another is the OS's Page FIle (Windows' Virtual Memory). Both are very important. The first is physical RAM, and the second is HDD space, that Windows will use, as RAM.

This ARTICLE will possibly offer tips on getting your computer setup and ready for an NLE session. Even on my workstation with 4GB RAM (3+GB switch) and many TB's of HDD space, I use those tips for every session.

Good luck,

Hunt