4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 12:09 AM by nealeh

problem installing Premiere Elements 7

coachgil Level 1

I'm trying to install Premiere Elements 7 and it keeps rolling back the actions and I can't install the software. The indicator bar appears to reach the end and then it stops and doesn't complete the installation.

I've tried to load the software on 3 different computers with the same results (2 computers at school & 1 computer at home). I've used a Dell GX270, Dell Precision 390, and a Dell Precision 840 with no success.
      Each time, I've accepted the agreement, it configures the .Net framework and starts to load. After a few minutes, it stops and will not complete the installation on any of the computers.  Operating System: Windows XP

• 1. Re: problem installing Premiere Elements 7
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Run as Administrator and turn off anti-virus for the duration of the install

• 2. Re: problem installing Premiere Elements 7
            coachgil Level 1

On 2 of 3 computers, I have no antivirus software running.  On all 3, I'm the admin.  If it is a bad disk, who do I contact?  My case number to Adobe support has been withdrawn with no help.

I purchased the software before football season and am just now installing it to create end of season projects.

• 3. Re: problem installing Premiere Elements 7
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Should you have a bad installation disc, then contact Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), as Adobe offers replacement discs. Now, I do not know how far back these go, as PrE is now up to version 8, but version 7 should be available.

Other than that, you and John have covered all the tips that I can think of for installation. For earlier Adobe programs, one could do two other things, but I'm not sure if either applies to PrE 7. They could copy the DVD to the Desktop and install from there, or also install in Safe Mode. I know that later versions of PrPro do not allow for Safe Mode installs.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: problem installing Premiere Elements 7
                nealeh Level 5

coachgil wrote:

I'm the admin.

Being logged in to an account with admin privileges is not exactly the same as running a program as Administrator. Right-click the setup file from your installation DVD and select 'Run as administrator' and see if that helps.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children