1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 2:31 PM by alpowell

Batch printing PDF Packages

alpowell

We are trying to batch print PDF files from a folder by selecting them in Windows Explorer, right-clicking and selecting Print.  As these are PDF packages, the only output I receive is a document saying "Multiple files are bound together in this PDF packag" and to update to the latest version of Acrobat or Reader.  We are using Reader 9.2.0.

I have tried creating a DDE action in the file association to do this, but to no avail.  I have also tried writing a batch file that calls AcroRd32.exe using the /p and /t options and that did not work out either.

This functionality seems to work fine if the documents are regular PDF's creating using a merge or if they were converted using a single source, but PDF packages will not batch print.

Help please...

• 1. Re: Batch printing PDF Packages
          alpowell Level 1

Here's a small update:

I'm able to do this with Adobe Reader 8.1.4, though obviously we'd prefer to be running a version of Reader that is patched and not vulnerable to security breaches.

I have also tried submitted the jobs to printers that I know suppor direct PDF printing both through LPR and FTP commands and I still get the message I originally attached to this issue.

Again...any help would be appreciated.