3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2009 2:10 AM by look4raymond

If the 4.2 update breaks your Premiere Pro installation...

Colin Brougham Level 6

... as it did for me, which incidentally, is the SECOND update in row to do this:

(This is Windows, and probably Vista, specific)

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and select Premiere Pro/Production Premium from the list. Hit the Uninstall/Change button.
      2. Select Premiere Pro for uninstallation, along with the third party content (though I think it's automatically selected). Run the uninstall procedure.
      3. When uninstallation is complete, use your original DVDs to reinstall Premiere Pro; it will also reinstall Media Encoder, which you can't avoid. I received a couple of errors, specifically related to the language pack and I believe the Dolby encoder. This doesn't seem to have caused a problem, as I'm able to encode to AC3 after installing the update.
      4. Once reinstallation is complete, launch the Updater; you'll probably have a couple of more updates to install beyond Pr and AME, but let it do it's thing. At least in my case, the 4.2 updates for both programs are now installed and seem to be functioning correctly.

I don't know why this has to be so hard...