3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 3:06 PM by Harm Millaard

Adobe Media Encoder - AVI auto reducing output

showentx

I just got a new computer and bought CS4 to match.  I created a timeline in Premiere with avi, mov, tiff and music clips.  Just a test - about 2 minutes long.  I am trying to export to a movie (avi) as I did in CS2 and am finding that when I choose Microsoft AVI and use a custom preset and choose the Cinepak codec by Radius I am no longer able to change the output to 1280 x 720 to match my source material.  I tried the uncompressed avi and I also tried "none" for the codec, but ended up with 8 and 9 GB files respectively.  Typically, I am encoding an 18 minute piece and I get a 4-6 GB file.

The new computer is a Xeon 2.93 Ghz with 12 MB ram and running XP 64 bit.  I am trying different codecs now but I am wondering if I am missing something as I used to be able to do this with no problem on CS2.  I searched the forums and have found references to crashes and hang ups with CS4 in the AME - but I am experiencing none of this.  I installed the updates but it hasnt changed anything.  Again, I have 1280 x 720 source and I want to output to a 1280 x 720 AVI.

Is anyone trying to do the same or have any direction to point me in?

Thanks!