5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 9:47 PM by juskocf

v4.2, 720p mjpg video unsuppoted again

juskocf Level 1

Just updated pp to 4.2 and tried editing some 720p mjpg video clips. PP had no problem importing the clips, but stopped responding after scrubbing in the timeline. I tried exporting the clips to AME and it also stopped responding as soon as I clicked the start queue button.

It seems the problem is the same as CS4 just came out.  I had raised this problem in this forum and the problem was fixed since updated to 4.1. But then the bug comes back again in 4.2.

• 1. Re: v4.2, 720p mjpg video unsuppoted again
          Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't say: don't you need a separate mjpg codec?  Do you need to re-register it after the update?

• 2. Re: v4.2, 720p mjpg video unsuppoted again
            juskocf Level 1

With 4.1, no need to install 2rd party mjpg codec.

No need to re-register.

Regards

• 3. Re: v4.2, 720p mjpg video unsuppoted again
              fuaho Level 1

I had a problem with 1280x720p MJPG. This happened a few weeks ago. It had been working and then suddenly was no longer working.

Dennis had given the location of the PRPRO preferences files, something like Documents and Settings\Adobe\... I don't remember offhand, but I deleted those, rebooted and suddenly all the MJPG stuff was working again in AME. Only downside was I had to redo my keyboard preferences.

HTH,

• 4. Re: v4.2, 720p mjpg video unsuppoted again
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                With 4.1, no need to install 2rd party mjpg codec.

Interesting. I wonder if CS4.1 - CS4.2 are shipping with the MainConcept MJPEG CODEC?

G-Spot>Tables will tell you which CODEC's are installed on your system, and the main screen will tell you if you have what is needed for the file. Watch out for "false-positives" on broken MainConcept CODEC's, as Adobe uses a different naming convention, and it confuses G-Spot in some cases.

Also, trashing the Preferences files, as stated above, might well cure the issue.

Please report your success, and good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: v4.2, 720p mjpg video unsupported again
                  juskocf Level 1

Thanks fuaho and Hunt for your advice.

I am sorry that trashing the preferences didn't help.

I don't think the problem has any connection with codecs as the mjpg files can be played with Windows Media Player and Quicktime Player without any problem.

I had reinstalled pp and updated again to 4.2 but the problem still exists.

This problem happened in v4.0 and had been addressed in v4.1 but now it recurs in v4.2.

Regards