Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Image in the navigation bar of Help page

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanted to add image next to to the Search in the Help page navigation bar as in snapshot below:

search.jpg

I wanted to add an image i.e the the logo next to above button in navigation bar. I tried adding , howevr could only add as Header, not right in the navigation pane. Correct me if I m wrong, the navigation control can be configured while generation web output. I coudnt find any other option to do this.

Please let me your inputs on this.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pallavi.

Please correct me if I am wrong but from your other posts you are creating CHM files. If so, there is no way to add the image you want.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Sorry Colum, I think you are wrong. That looks exactly like a WebHelp Search dialog.

Pallavi, I am thinking the answer for you may be a simple one. Use the WebHelp skin editor. There you should see an option to choose the image used for the Go button.

I'm not exactly sure what version you are using. But I'll insert a screen capture of RoboHelp 7 below.

tmp1.png

My thought here is that you could create an image that includes your company logo along with the Go button. Then use that image for the Go button. Sure, both the company logo as well as the Go button would be clickable, but it should do the job, no?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick.

I know it looks like a standard WebHelp button but to my knowledge Pallavi was creating CHM files and I asked him to confirm this.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

I'm not sure how you managed to suss that based on the question, but if you are correct, my hat's off to you!

My response was based entirely on what was asked as well as the image supplied.

tmp1.png

I guess only Pallavi knows what the help is that s/he is creating and will hopefully return to say what it is!

Pallavi, if Colum is right here, I might ask why you posted an image of a WebHelp Search area. Additionally, I'll echo Colum's comments that if indeed it is CHM search, you don't have any real flexibility with how it appears.

Cheers all... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have no super powers Rick and my battery pack must be low on juice

I had thought from Pallavi's previous posts that the output was CHMs. Maybe it was the forum used to post that fooled me. However having gone back over some of them it does appear that the output in question is WebHelp Pro. If this is the case then I stand corrected and Pallavi can follow your excellent advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. It is about web help pages. I have posted about webhelp ion the HTML forum. Here since its Compnay Logo that I want to display, I tried adding it through the About Box. Is ther anyother way I can do it? To display the company site on clicking logo, is there any script that I should add?

Thanks,

Pallavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp