Depending on what you're working with, the manual method isn't too bad. Your image just needs to have dimensions that are even.
- Slice your image in even quarters (one horizontal and one vertical guideline)
- Swap the upper-right and lower-left quarters
- Swap the upper left and lower-right quarters
- Edit the area along the guidelines to smooth the tile edges
- Optionally, you can then swap top and bottom halves (/left and right halves) to edit the centers better.
Exporting after step 4 gives you a seamless tile.
FW .png to step 3:
Manually is not efficient. I'm looking for a command/extension similar to ImageReady's TileMaker filter.
I'd really like a solution to this. The Tile Maker filter was great, especially for difficult materials like stone.
I can't believe there isn't a solution for this.
there is a command extension call Pattern and Texture for fireworks
that will allow you use any bitmap or vector image to set as a pattern preset
from the dropdown list.