14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 7:48 AM by h2ofun

M4v output crashed encore

h2ofun Level 1

Okay, starting to try and make a BR disc.  I take my project, and export a h.264 1080i 29 fps 1920/1080 30 second output m4v file.

If I import this back into PP, it works.  If I play with nero it plays.  If I try to play with VLC, it does not do anything and says the file

is 59 fps.  If I try in media player it fails.

If I then try to import into encore, it locks my machine up and then after a while, reboots.

So, no luck looking at others posts.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

• 1. Re: M4v output crashed encore
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Dave,

What does G-Spot say about this problem file? Hint: a screen-cap of the G-Spot GUI w/ file open will save a bunch of typing.

Exactly what were the settings used for Export?

Which versions of PrPro & Encore are you using?

If CS4, do you have the latest updates?

If CS4, what happens if you use Adobe Dynamic Link from Encore?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: M4v output crashed encore
            h2ofun Level 1

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

CS4, latest updates

Not sure what I am testing trying the ADL form Encore, but it did pull in the project, but no idea if this has value since never used this feature.

Capture2.JPG

• 3. Re: M4v output crashed encore
              h2ofun Level 1

Okay, rather than import from encore, and not figuring out how to get a timeline, I just went into PP and used ADL to export to Encore.

This gave me a timeline, and it works.  So are you telling me the export function from PP does not work.  Is there any reason to want to export

first if I can just use ADL right into encore?  Learn something new everyday.

Dave

• 4. Re: M4v output crashed encore
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for the screen-caps. I did not see anything in them, but others might spot something that I missed.

As for the use of ADL, this shows that Encore CAN work with your Sequence, and can get you authoring, or should be able to. As Adobe improves DL between the editing and authoring, it relieves one of the need to Export, then Import from PrPro. Some have had issues with ADL, and then the advice is to do things the old-fashioned way - Export/Import. In your case, it might be just the opposite - try with ADL.

I'd give that a try and see if you can author via ADL.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                  h2ofun Level 1

Thanks for the lead.  Am going it a try now.  I guess if it works, great, even though I would love to know why the export does not work.

Will post my results, but looks like it saves some steps?

Dave

• 6. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    I would love to know why the export does not work.

I completely agree and would pursue that problem. It should work, and work fine. I hate having unsolved mysteries myself.

Please report on both your success with the Project and also if you can locate the problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                      h2ofun Level 1

Well, not much luck.  The ADL allowed me to get the project into Encore.  When I go over to build, the format said DVD. So, I change to BR, and it looks the machine with a blue circle thing that is not moving, and then after a while, it forces a reboot of the machine. I tried the output from PP at both 1920X1080 and 1440X1080.

Any other things I can try?  (

Dave

• 8. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                        Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

it locks the machine with a blue circle thing that is not moving, and then after a while, it forces a reboot of the machine.

This is bad.  Likely you have Windows set up to reboot after a system failure, instead of showing you a blue screen.  Typically these kinds of failures result from hardware problems - bad drivers, overheating, loose connections, etc.

You can help yourself troubleshoot by setting up Windows to *not* reboot automatically after a system failure.  Then you'll get a BSOD that may provide clues as to what failed.

-Jeff

• 9. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                          h2ofun Level 1

I am running windows 7 x64.  Never had an issue when doing DVD outputs.  Is there a way to check my .mpeg file does not have an issue for BR output, since it worked fine with the media encoder doing a DVD output.

Dave

• 10. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                            Harm Millaard Level 7

Dave,

There is a Microsoft problem in Win7 with BR burning/encoding. MS is aware of it and working on it, but in the meantime, contact Adobe Technical Support, because they have a patch as a workaround. Sorry I don't have all the details, but this might help you.

• 11. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                              h2ofun Level 1

No, not a W7 error.  )

• 13. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

I am with Jeff on the settings for BSOD's and NOT rebooting on errors. There can be something on that blue screen.

Now, while things are still fresh, take a look at this ARTICLE. It might give you some tips on tracking down "clues," as to what is getting in the way, and also happening with your computer.

Dang, I thought we had you authoring.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: M4v output crashed encoreT
                                  h2ofun Level 1

I have solved the crashing issue.  But now, the encoder fails, whether I try it via encore, or output from PP.  Might be starting a new issue topic in a few minutes.  Is there a tool that lets my check my Mpeg file in PP.  This BR stuff so far is like going back years when the DVD outputs did not work.

(

Dave