2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 11:25 AM by konzept1128

Basic Flash Definitions cannon be found

konzept1128

I am having some really weird/random errors using flashbuilder. Sometimes things work fine, other times they don't. On a project that was working a day ago and had not been touched, was improted into flashbuilder and had been working for a short period of time, is now giving me a slew of "Definition Not Found" errors for fundamental flash classes like flash.display.displayObject.

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to flashbuilder and can't figure out why this is happening. Obviously it can;t find the basic flash classes needed to run, but I don;t really know where to fix that. I am importing playerglobal.swcw.. which i thought would be the issue, tried it again a few times, and still giving me the same errors.

• 1. Re: Basic Flash Definitions cannon be found
          Rob Brambley Level 1

Hello,

Can you please elaborate on how these errors occur?  Are these compilation errors or Flash Builder runtime errors that occur when using specific features?

Rob Brambley

Computer Scientist, Flash Builder

• 2. Re: Basic Flash Definitions cannon be found
            konzept1128 Level 1

So i sorta figured things out after two days of beating my head against a wall. One of the issues (which is something I completely understand and just forgot about) was that the compiler was in strict mode, and since I had imported it from a previous project that wasn;t in strict mode it was showing tons of errors that I hadn't seen before.

The other problem, which I don;t compeltely understand yet, was fixed by changing the flex sdk from 4.0 to 3.4.  Now, this might have to do with discrepancies in the playerglobal swc I was importing and the sdk I was using, but I really don't know much about that.  So for now I fixed the one project, haven;t begun on the other one that was giving me problems.. but finding that it's mainly in the settings, and not understanding the correct settings to use for my projects.