2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 11:25 AM by konzept1128

Basic Flash Definitions cannon be found

konzept1128

I am having some really weird/random errors using flashbuilder. Sometimes things work fine, other times they don't. On a project that was working a day ago and had not been touched, was improted into flashbuilder and had been working for a short period of time, is now giving me a slew of "Definition Not Found" errors for fundamental flash classes like flash.display.displayObject.

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to flashbuilder and can't figure out why this is happening. Obviously it can;t find the basic flash classes needed to run, but I don;t really know where to fix that. I am importing playerglobal.swcw.. which i thought would be the issue, tried it again a few times, and still giving me the same errors.

• 1. Re: Basic Flash Definitions cannon be found
          Rob Brambley

Hello,

Can you please elaborate on how these errors occur?  Are these compilation errors or Flash Builder runtime errors that occur when using specific features?

Rob Brambley

Computer Scientist, Flash Builder

• 2. Re: Basic Flash Definitions cannon be found
            konzept1128 Level 1

So i sorta figured things out after two days of beating my head against a wall. One of the issues (which is something I completely understand and just forgot about) was that the compiler was in strict mode, and since I had imported it from a previous project that wasn;t in strict mode it was showing tons of errors that I hadn't seen before.

The other problem, which I don;t compeltely understand yet, was fixed by changing the flex sdk from 4.0 to 3.4.  Now, this might have to do with discrepancies in the playerglobal swc I was importing and the sdk I was using, but I really don't know much about that.  So for now I fixed the one project, haven;t begun on the other one that was giving me problems.. but finding that it's mainly in the settings, and not understanding the correct settings to use for my projects.