1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 11:05 AM by Rick Gerard

screen capture

silverhandphoto

I have a bunch of screen shots that I need to animate in a project and they are stair stepping. The shots look good when they are  stopped but because  of the high contrast they step real bad. Is there a way around this? I have tried a few filters but nothing seems to work "well".

Thanks!

• 1. Re: screen capture
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're headed for video the screen captures have to be modified because screen captures are full of one pixel wide lines and fonts. These just won't work at all when output to a video display.

If you've heading for the web then you have a chance. The key to any kind of success is to make sure that each element ends up exactly on a whole pixel value for position and anchor point. You also have to make sure that you've enabled enough motion blur on the moving bits to hide the sub pixel interpretation of thin lines.

If you've placed any of your elements at an angle, or made them 3D the equation for success becomes much more difficult. A little more detail about your project and / or a sample of a screen capture would help point you in the direction of a solution.