2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2008 5:22 AM by Hoggies_Oz2

HTTP Error Code 500 when attempting to connect to MySQL database

Hoggies_Oz2
      Hi,

I'm a new user of Dreamweaver having been appointed webmaster of a local club. Have been working my way through the 'dw_getting_started' manual (which is generally excellent - thanks). Have installed IIS, PHP and MySQL on my XP PRO SP3 PC - all OK so far and installed exactly as per the recommendations in the dw_getting_started manual. But when I try to do the test database connection (page 136) I get HTTP Error 500 Internal Server Error. When I examine the event viewer I can see the error which is Event ID: 1802 ' The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall'. Have spent many hours scouring the 'net as well as with McAfee. At one stage I completely uninstalled McAfee using their clean out program but the error still occurred with McAfee totally removed from my PC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Hoggies_Oz2
        • 1. Re: HTTP Error Code 500 when attempting to connect to MySQL database
          Level 7

Check for a problem with Windows update KB902400.
          Once this update was uninstalled, ActiveSync now works. No
          problems with it recognizing my firewall or virus protection either.

HTH

"Hoggies_Oz2" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g5a105$ifc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm a new user of Dreamweaver having been appointed webmaster of a local
          > club.
          > Have been working my way through the 'dw_getting_started' manual (which is
          > generally excellent - thanks). Have installed IIS, PHP and MySQL on my XP
          > PRO
          > SP3 PC - all OK so far and installed exactly as per the recommendations in
          > the
          > dw_getting_started manual. But when I try to do the test database
          > connection
          > (page 136) I get HTTP Error 500 Internal Server Error. When I examine the
          > event viewer I can see the error which is Event ID: 1802 ' The Windows
          > Security
          > Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor
          > third
          > party AntiVirus and Firewall'. Have spent many hours scouring the 'net as
          > well
          > as with McAfee. At one stage I completely uninstalled McAfee using their
          > clean
          > out program but the error still occurred with McAfee totally removed from
          > my PC.
          >
          > Any help will be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks, Hoggies_Oz2
          >

• 2. Re: HTTP Error Code 500 when attempting to connect to MySQL database
            Hoggies_Oz2 Level 1
            Hi Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up the Windows update history on my PC and can see that the KB902400 patch was installed in October 2006. But it was not in the list of updates in 'add/remove' programs. Possibly because it was wiped when I installed SP3 some time ago. I uninstalled SP3 but was still unable to find or remove KB902400.

I will pursue the ColdFusion option instead unless you have any further suggestions.

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,