2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 8:17 PM by HarryPutnam

Install CS4 from hard drive?

HarryPutnam Level 1

I have the cs4 premium bundle, and also have one machine that has no functional cdrom currently.

I wondered if CS4 can be installed from a harddrive like the older Premium bundle (pre CS2). 

Adobe had a lot of trouble with that one (`Production Premium') installing and came up with a workaround where you copied the contents of the cd to harddrive and installed it from there.  Can that still be done?... I ask instead of just experimenting because its such a lot of data... its going to take a hefty piece of time to do it.

• 1. Re: Install CS4 from hard drive?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Harry,

This is pure speculation, but is based on similar questions coming from the other side. When people have issues with the normal installation path, using the DVD drive, the oft-repeated mantra is to copy to the Desktop and install from there.

Now, the normal caveats apply: turn off all AV, pop-up blockers, spysweepers, run as Administrator with all firewalls OFF. Also, make sure that you have enough EULA-specified Activations to do this installation.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Install CS4 from hard drive?
            HarryPutnam Level 1

the_wine_snob wrote:

Harry,

This is pure speculation, but is based on similar questions coming from the other side. When people have issues with the normal installation path, using the DVD drive, the oft-repeated mantra is to copy to the Desktop and install from there.

Now, the normal caveats apply: turn off all AV, pop-up blockers, spysweepers, run as Administrator with all firewalls OFF. Also, make sure that you have enough EULA-specified Activations to do this installation.

Good luck,

Hunt

I kind of jumped the gun posting... I googled up a compete description of how to do it from adobe.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403963.html