2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 9:49 AM by nealeh

Instant Movie Questions

filmphoto

1) How do I set the order of clips to be used, don't want them random and don't want them in creation order?

2) How do I turn the sound off some clips before running the instant movie?

3) Can I adjust the volume of the soundtrack so I can hear the clips better, or can I adjust the volume of the clips first?

- Simon

• 1. Re: Instant Movie Questions
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which version of the program you're using but, in version 8, you have more control over things like how the music is mixed with the actual video audio, speed and intensity of effects, etc.

As far as I know, the clips will appear in the order they appear in the Organizer when you select them.

• 2. Re: Instant Movie Questions
            nealeh Level 5

Steve Grisetti wrote:

As far as I know, the clips will appear in the order they appear in the Organizer when you select them.

Once you have added multiple media items to your project then, under Edit> Project, select icon view (Ctrl+PgDn). You can now sequence the items any way you like by drag & drop in the grid. Think of it as a 'storyboard' feature. Once you're satisfied with the order select all (Ctrl+A) and drag them to the TimeLine or SceneLine in the MyProject window. Instant Movie will use the scenes in that order.

Actually that's rubbish, I was thinking of something else. But I've left it legible as I think it's a neat feature anyway.

Instant Movie provides two sequencing options, Theme Order (essentially 'random') or Time/Date. So to order it you need to adjust the time/date of each file (I'm not sure though if that is the file date/time or a metadata field - some experimentation required!).

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Message was edited by nealeh to strike-through my first attempt at an answer.