0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 7:17 AM by Rothrock

Making my own components

Rothrock Level 5

So I'm dabbling with making my own components and I've made quite a bit of progress on a test one.

It is a text box with background that is supposed to fade in. I've got the background how I like it and the htmltext is showing properly. And as a compiled clip it has a nice live preview, so all that is great.

The problem is the fade-in. I would like to have a property in the component inspector to set Fade-in, None, or Fade-out, but I don't want to see that in the live preview on the stage. I just want it to do that when published.

Currently if I add the fade code to the components class it (for example) will be on stage with an alpha of zero and then each time I click it or move it it will take one more step, and eventually be all faded in.

That isn't what I want.

I know that things like FLVPlayback will adjust their live preview size to the content set in the inspector and it will show the poster frame. But if it is set to autoplay it doesn't actually do that on the stage. So there must be some way to tell a component, "You are on the stage, do this, and if you are published, do that."

Anybody know how?