4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 7:23 PM by Positive Future

Transferring projects between Adobe Premiere CS4 Pro and Elements

Positive Future

I searched for this and couldn't find it...sorry if this is a noob question:

• 1. Re: Transferring projects between Adobe Premiere CS4 Pro and Elements
          Positive Future Level 1

The rest of my post got cut off, here it is:

1) At present I'm making drafts with Elements, and my editor, who's in another country, is using the Adobe Pro set up. Will it be difficult to send projects to each other? The plan is that he'll receive my rough outlines and then improve them, is this possible? Also, can I read his projects if he keeps them simple? Is there a 'save in elements' option in CS4?

2) Do Adobe have a deferred payment/discount system for young filmmakers if I can show them a quality demo or scripts?

Thanks in advance

• 2. Re: Transferring projects between Adobe Premiere CS4 Pro and Elements
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, you can't open the same projects in Pro CS4 and Elements. They're very different formats.

There are student discounts available, if you are enrolled at a high school or college and have an edu email address.

• 3. Re: Transferring projects between Adobe Premiere CS4 Pro and Elements
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Going back a bit, I did several tests of PrE (Elements 4 then) Project files, .prel, and PrPro.

What I found was that PrE (4) .prel files would Open fine in PrPro (2.0), with the exception of a few 3rd party Transitions, Instant Movies and Themes. Otherwise, the .prel files did well in PrPro.

However, there was NO reverse possible. PrPro 2.0 .prproj files would NOT Open in PrE 4. The error that I got was basically, "this Project was done in PrPro, and you need to Open it in that program." There were a few little lines about me being a "fool" to even try this...

Now, to get serious, things can go from PrE to PrPro (with some exceptions), but NOT the other way around.

Hope that this helps.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Transferring projects between Adobe Premiere CS4 Pro and Elements
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                2) Do Adobe have a deferred payment/discount system for young filmmakers if I can show them a quality demo or scripts?

With PrPro, there is an educational discount (quite nice one), for that program sold to a qualified student.

I do not know about PrE. That would be a good question for Customer Service with Adobe. Wish that I could help there, but I cannot.

Good luck,

Hunt