5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2009 9:42 AM by taotaomono

Installing an AIR application with PackageMaker on OS X

taotaomono

Hello,

My company has signed the redistribution agreement and I've been working on building an installer using the PackageMaker application built into Mac OS X.

I'm seeing behavior where the installer fails every other time that it is run. The output from .airappinstall.log is below.

I've reproduced this behavior from the installer as well as by running the following command line:

sudo /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer -silent /MyApp.air

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Starting silent x1 install from file:///tmp/MyApp.air

UI SWF load is complete

stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/tmp/Adobe AIR Installer Stand Alone.app/Contents/Frameworks" -silent -withRuntime -url file:///MyApp.air

App installer completed successfully

begin quitting

UI SWF load is complete

stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/tmp/Adobe AIR Installer Stand Alone.app/Contents/Frameworks" -silent -withRuntime -url file:///MyApp.air

App installer failed; exit code 7

begin quitting

Starting silent x1 install from file:///MyApp.air

UI SWF load is complete

begin quitting

UI SWF load is complete

begin quitting

UI SWF load is complete

begin quitting

Starting silent x1 install from file:///MyAppE.air

UI SWF load is complete

begin quitting

• 1. Re: Installing an AIR application with PackageMaker on OS X
          taotaomono Level 1

I realize I left out some relevant information.

After I a successful installation of the application, I remove it by either dragging it to the Trash or with AppCleaner.

Once the application has been removed, I reinstall by running the .pkg file or from the command line that I entered in my first post.

I suspect that the removal process is leaving something behind that is causing every other install to fail.

I've seen errors that say that the air file is corrupt which seems to be associated with this error: failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2004" errorID=2004]

Can anyone tell me what the error 2004 or exit code messages mean?
          • 2. Re: Installing an AIR application with PackageMaker on OS X
            taotaomono Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what exit code 7 or error code 2004 mean?

Also, if there is another bootstrapper application that is more compatible with AIR I'd appreciate some suggestions.

• 3. Re: Installing an AIR application with PackageMaker on OS X
              taotaomono Level 1

Here's the output from .airinstall.log and .airappinstall.log

machine:~ root# cat .airinstall.log

UI SWF load is complete

stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/tmp/Adobe AIR Installer Stand Alone.app/Contents/Frameworks" -silent -withRuntime -url file:///tmp/MyApp.air

begin quitting

machine:~ root# tail .airappinstall.log

Starting silent app install of file:///tmp/MyApp.air

UI SWF load is complete

UI initialized

Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0

unpackaging is complete

application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0

application is bound to this version of the runtime

app id MyApp

pub id ---

failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2004" errorID=2004]

starting cleanup of temporary files

application installer exiting

• 4. Re: Installing an AIR application with PackageMaker on OS X
                Juan_G

Hi,

According to this Flex Reference document:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/runtimeErrors.html

#2004 is indicative of an invalid parameter being passed.

The exit code 7 indicates that the installation failed. I would make sure that the application is not already installed. You indicate in your previous message that you remove the file by dragging it to the Trash. Make sure to the empty the Trash as well. I would also recommend checking to see what the LaunchServices Database thinks is installed. You can query this by typing the following:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Supp ort/lsregister -dump | grep MyApp

It should return all instances of your application on your system. Hope this helps.

juan

Adobe AIR QE

• 5. Re: Installing an AIR application with PackageMaker on OS X
                  taotaomono Level 1

Juan,

Thanks for your input, I'll give it a try.

Cheers,

Charles