4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2008 8:34 PM by J S 23

Director 10.1.1

J S 23
      I am trying to update to 10.1.1 from 10.1.0 in order to install swf files. With 10.1.0 I keep getting a 1 frame swf that doesn't play. Reading this forum I found that I may need 10.1.1 for Flash 8 files. This is the link I went to: 10.1.1updateAfter downloading the update,an installer for Shockwave is present. The update for MX 2004 is in two folders 1)Configuration and 2) Director MX 2004(bundle). When I tried to drag and drop those items (I thought it would do it automatically, but apparently not) things get thrown out of whack (Director still says it's 10.1.0 although the items say 10.1.1) )and I have to reinstall 10.1.0 to get Director to work. What am I doing wrong?

thanks for the help!
        • 1. Re: Director 10.1.1
          Level 7
          > What am I doing wrong?

Which OS are you using?
          Are you sure you're dragging the correct things to the proper place/s?
          The xtras need to go into the folder so that existing copies are
          replaced, and there should be player libraries also (these are what will
          dictate the version change) - exact file names depend on your platform.
          • 2. Re: Director 10.1.1
            J S 23 Level 1
            thanks Sean. I'm on Mac OS 10.4. I went through and individually put them in, but when opening Director it gave me some error that it couldn't unless the project resources file was in the same folder as Director. I made sure they were both in the same folder, but it still wouldn't work. I reinstalled 10.1.0. I do want the update because i am having problems inserting flash files. so, would you suggest giving it another try and making sure each file is replacing the the existing file? thanks again.
            • 3. Re: Director 10.1.1
              Level 7
              > so, would you suggest giving it another try and making sure each file
              > is replacing the the existing file?

I would, but that's about all I can think of to suggest
              • 4. Director 10.1.1
                J S 23 Level 1
                Seems to have worked. Replaced all the xtras, etc. You would think there would be a way to do this that's automated instead of having to do it by hand.

Still having problems bringing in a swf file, which only imports 1 frame, but that's probably due to something else that I haven't quite figured out yet...maybe in another post.

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                > so, would you suggest giving it another try and making sure each file
                > is replacing the the existing file?

I would, but that's about all I can think of to suggest