5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 11:04 AM by phantomlady

Flash CS3 and Snow Leopard

914_6

Hi, i am experiencing a strange and unpleasant situation.

I am using CS3 and upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 last night, along downloading the latest Flash Player for browsers.

Problem is that now all of my text block arent displaying the same line height that before i updated?????

I compared the same exact SWF made under Tiger and those made under Snow Leopard and the two arent identical, lines are misaligned regarding line height!

What gives? Flash or OSX interpreting fonts differently?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Flash CS3 and Snow Leopard
          914_6 Level 1

After further inspection, ive noticed that only block of text that have multiple lines with linespacing are affected.... Single line text blocks arent....

Very strange!

• 2. Re: Flash CS3 and Snow Leopard
            phantomlady

I dont know whats up with this... but all of a sudden today, in my flash cs4 (mac and PC versions) When i go to open a fla in flash to work on it, i select a text box... in the properties window under position and size --- HIEGHT-(selection hieght) value is grayed out... I opened fla's that i had don before but this also now affects them as well. I tried opening on my PC .. now it does the same thing. Every file i open now.. when i got to the properties of a text box ... the height values are grayed out. I am using Palatino roman font... in a simple text box.

Position and size:

x:20       y:15

w:264     H:335.2 <-------- grayed out!!!

I have opened these files in cs3... and that now is also experiencing this......

PLEASE HELP... Im in the middle of a project --- with extreme deadlines...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

my post....

saw yours.. wondering if this is related.. Im running Snow Leopard now to.. just started. Then the Height variable became grayed out. In your properties windows, are you experiencing the same??

It's killing me...Im an animator that does books... I am unable to adjust this value, and when i sent the fla to someone else... they say they see everything fine, but when i view it.. the Text spacing in multiline text box is different than discribed back to me... My line height is much larger than what he is seeing.

Please let me know if you find anything.

Regards

Phantom Lady

• 3. Re: Flash CS3 and Snow Leopard
              914_6 Level 1

My boxes' height are also grayed out. It seems its specific to multiline text boxes. And all of my multiline text boxes has been shifted down by 20 pixels (may be related to line height values). Single line text boxes didnt move.

I am top in the middle of a project and contemplating installing Tiger on a partition to get the job done and then go on with Snow Leopard.

Anyone at Adobe?

- - -

But we need to learn: NEVER EVER MIGRATE TO A NEW OS ON A TIGHT DEADLINE......

• 4. Re: Flash CS3 and Snow Leopard
                914_6 Level 1

some development here.

Read on another fiorum that it may be related to the nature of the font used. Mean that Snow Leopard isnt supporting Postcript font, and it is exactly the type of font i am using and that is affected by the linespacing problem.

Can someone confirm that?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Flash CS3 and Snow Leopard
                  phantomlady Level 1

Yep, I can confirm that. Snow Leopard - useless to all of us using those fonts. Found a fix, at least this is what I am doing to resolve it. I partitioned my harddrive on the Mac; one one partition I loaded Leopard, on the other partition I loaded the Snow Leopard. On the partition with Leopard, I loaded my graphic programs, ie Flash, Photoshop, etc. and the fonts I need to work with in my projects. This works out great... well at least it works... I have access to my newer os, but have the ability to work on current projects until Snow Leopard catches up with use graphic designers.

Hope this helps.

Kim

www.frustrated-inc.com