3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2006 12:59 PM by Peter Grainge

Printed Doc not working

Avon_01
      I get an error message when I am attempting to create a Printed Doc.
      'The (filename/path) is used by other application'. This message appears even when no other applications are open. Using version 5.2
      Any suggestions would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Printed Doc not working
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          That usually occurs if you have generated the file and then attempt to generate it again for some reason before closing the first document.

If not, does it still occur after a reboot?

• 2. Re: Printed Doc not working
            Avon_01 Level 1
            Thanks for responding, Peter. I finally did reboot and was able to create the Word doc. However, I noticed a few images I had recently inserted were missing; although they were present in the WYSIWYG screen. When I clicked on their properties, the file names were from a different file - I had copied/pasted them in. Perhaps this was why the Word doc would not create.(?) I created new images and attempted to create the Word doc again, but it seems I need to totally reboot before it will work again.
            Thanks, anyway.
            • 3. Printed Doc not working
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              Always insert images using the RH menus or icons, cutting and pasting confuses the life out of RoboHelp because it bypasses the RoboHelp functionality so that RH does not do all the right things internally.