3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2009 7:34 PM by Yozef0

viewStack

GeorgeWS Level 1

I have been messing around with the Flex 3 dashboard. I want to Make the View Stack move (or anything for that matter, left or right) I add the appropriate code from the docs and a few places online but it never seems to do anything. Has anyone else done this?

George

• 1. Re: viewStack
          Yozef0 Level 1

move? As in the effect move, or the vewStack to be come draggable?

• 2. Re: viewStack
            GeorgeWS Level 1

Just the plain old move effect.

I have 6 tabs and would like the screen to slide to the left or right when a tab is pressed seem like this is a built in feature but non seemed to work at all

Thanks

George

• 3. Re: viewStack
              Yozef0 Level 1

Here is a suggestion...

Put all your windows (or containers) in an HBox (Inner), and that HBox is inside another HBox (Outer) with Width and Height of a Single Window (container)... and move that HBox's x to a specific value where it is present on stage in the outer HBox.

To use the move...

<mx:Move xFrom="0" xTo="-250" easingFunction="Elastic.easeOut" duration="400" target="{innerHBox}"/>

Don't forget to import mx.effects.easing.*;

If you insist on using a TabNavigator, you can listen to the event of the click of that tab. but the problem with this I see is that the TabNavigator has a width and heit of the viewstack which are behind each other (and displays only one) rather than having them slide to a specific view.