2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2009 7:35 PM by Ned Murphy

when do I start the journey?

Frigglesworth Level 1

Hello,

I am an aspiring web developer. Finally, I have taken my first steps into graphic design, and I would say that I am now at a lower-medium level in terms of my capabilities concerning PS and Illustrator.

My question is: is this enough to start learning Flash or should I put off learning Flash UNTIL I become more advanced with Photoshop and Illustrator.

Thank you in advance,

Frigglesworth

• 1. Re: when do I start the journey?
          Frigglesworth Level 1

I'm decent with things like gradients, tracing with pen, effects like envelope warp and drop shadows. Also other things like clipping masks. So I would say my Illustrator level is lower-mid level. Enough to start learning FLash??

• 2. Re: when do I start the journey?
            Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Don't let PS or AI define your readiness for Flash.  Flash is an entirely different animal that involves not only graphics but also programming and fairly sophisticated animation tools.  Very often people will generate graphics in PS and AI and import them into Flash as visual elements, but not the other way around.  And Flash does have it's own graphics tools, so it can be used independent other programs for visual elements.