2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2009 5:59 PM by JETalmage

smooth tool

Frigglesworth

if i create a wavy curly path with pen tool and I see at anchor points its a bit edgy do I use the SMOOTH TOOL to smooth this area out??

it worked good but the book i am using only mentions smooth tool with pencil so I was wondering what others do and if I am doing this correctly...

• 1. Re: smooth tool
          Scott Falkner Level 5

Paths don’t remember what tools were used to make them. A path is a path is a path. The smooth tool works identically on any path. If you like the results, then you’re doing it right.

• 2. Re: smooth tool
            JETalmage Level 6
            if i create a wavy curly path with pen tool and I see at anchor points its a bit edgy do I use the SMOOTH TOOL to smooth this area out??

No. Generally, you would edit the anchorpoints and handles using the white pointer. As you become more proficient, you become more able to predict shapes as you draw with the pen, and you learn optimum placements for anchropoints and handles, so that the amount of post-editing necessary lessens.

That's not to say there's anything technically wrong with using the "freehand" kind of tools; I just assume you are looking for usual and customary best-practice.

JET