11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 12:21 PM by Ostehøvel

problem with time warp effect in Premiere

Ostehøvel

Hi!

Im having a problem with my time warp effect in premiere cs4.

When Im trying to use this effect the monitor where I normally can see where I am in the videoclip goes black..

Does anyone know about this problem?

Once I choose away the fx the video comes up again..

I cant figur out what this is, can it be just a adjustment I have done wrong or is it something with the program?

I have attached two pictures where you can see my problem...

hope anyone can help me out here..

• 1. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Works here. No problem. More details are needed to help you figure it out.

• 2. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
            Ostehøvel Level 1

Hi!

Ok! I`ll try to give you more details but Im not sure what details needed here..

I can try to explain how Im doing it, maybe Im doing something wrong, I dont know...

well ok, I start with finding the clip that I want to time warp. And I have the clip in the timeline, then I go to the search line in the effects box and type warp and there is a time warp alternative wich I drag over to the clip in the time line. But when I do slip the time warp effects over the clip the monitor goes black..

The strange thing is that the sound is there and that seems to be okay, but I just cant see the picture.. And this is before I even have started to point out where I want the speed changes...

I dont know anymore details I can give right now...

• 4. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
              Ostehøvel Level 1

Hi, and thanks for the guidelines about how I should tell you my problem.

I am a foreinger and do not understand everything and I may be using some wrong terms when it comes to the adobe premiere CS4 program. I am a beginner too in this program, but Im trying to learn as much as possible.

I have googled and searched alittle about timewarp problem but so far I havent found anyone having a problem like this, but then I havent searched everywhere and I could probably do alittle more research then I have done.

But back to my problem.

If there is something I write that you dont understand there is just to ask and I can try to fill in and exlain more around the problem, but my problem now is that I dont know where to start.

My problem is like I have written before that my monitor or display up in the right corner in premiere just becomes black when Im trying to use the time warp effect. I attached two pictures of it as an example in my first mail here, there you can see that the display is black in one of the attached file (that is when the time warp effect is on) and the other one you can see that there is picture in the display (that is when the time warp effect is off).

Im using AVI type 2 and making a movie in DV pal widescreen.

Is it more information that can be helpfull to figer out this problem?

• 5. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Start with the 16 questions asked in the Wiki link I gave you earlier.

• 6. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                  Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Is the first frame of your video a black frame?  According to the settings in your screenshots, you are asking TimeWarp to show you the first frame of the clip under the current position of the CTI.

-Jeff

• 7. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                    Ostehøvel Level 1

Hi!

No, the first frame is not black.. The screenshots where just examples and I tried to adjust the settings, because the first time I tried the timewarp it worked, but the next clip I wanted to warp just got black.. and I tried alot of times to figur out if I adjusted some of the settings..  ( I hope you mean the method and adjust time).

Those comes adjusted in pixel motion and Speed and thats what I have them on now.. Should I adjust it to something else?

• 8. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                      Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Can you get any clip on any track to warp properly and not show a black frame?  If so, then copy that clip's Time Warp effect and paste it onto a clip that does show a black frame when you apply Time Warp.  What happens?

What about a new or a different project?  Can you warp clips properly in another project?

If it's not a settings problem then I don't know what to tell you.  It works here.

-Jeff

• 9. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                        tclark513 Level 3

What version are you running?  This is a known bug in 4.0.  Version 4.1 fixed this issue.

• 10. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                          Ostehøvel Level 1

Yes, but the strange is I dont know how and when the time warp is going to work..

I have tried opening alot of new project and tried timewarping and sometimes it works sometimes not...  but often it works on my first try, but if I want to warp another clip in the same timeline it goes black again...

This is probably a stupid question but how do I copy and paste the clip`s time warp effect? I can copy the whole clip, but dont know how I copy just the effect..

• 11. Re: problem with time warp effect in Premiere
                            Ostehøvel Level 1

Ok!

I am running 4.0.

Then I probaly should update..