5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 4:36 PM by SFChris

Crash

SFChris

Lots of recent beach balls when quitting Catalyst. Attached crash log.

- Chris

• 1. Re: CrashI
          arpstorm

I too have been getting this a bit.  I am also getting repeated crashes right now trying to edit a text box.  Here is the crash box text that keeps popping up.

brian

• 2. Re: Crash
            Eric Lopatin (Adobe)

Brian, Chris,

Thanks for the crash logs. Out of curiousity, did you both begin seeing crashes after you updated to 10.6.2? or did they begin happening prior to that?

Thanks,

Eric

• 3. Re: Crash
              arpstorm Level 1

Eric,

I did occasionally have issues where catalyst would get very slow for some time and I would have to bounce it to refresh performance.  This was especially true if I slept my machine with catalyst open, or if catalyst was left open for a long period.  The crashes however I believe did mainly start after 10.6.2, but this could also be to me not haiving worked on my project using catalyst for a few weeks.

brian

• 4. Re: Crash
                Eric Lopatin (Adobe) Level 2

Thanks Brian,

Since Beta 2 was posted, we've found and addressed memory leaks that caused Catalyst to slow down after it had been left running for a long while. I just heard back from the developer to whom I sent both crash logs. He noted that neither of these is 10.6.2-related. They are however resultant of low memory conditions. With Beta 2, I'd suggest quitting, clearing the workspace (delete files in user>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Flash Catalyst) and re-opening the FXP. If you continue to see crashes after that, please post new crash logs and we'll check them out.

Eric

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Crash
                  SFChris Level 1

Thanks Eric,

FYI, I did not experience this exact problem with Beta 1. My post was related to Catalyst Beta 2 hanging when attempting to quit Catalyst.

That said, I have noticed the risk of crash increases with the length of my Catalyst sessions, etc. To manage, with limited success, I was doing the following hourly:

- Save project

- Close project

- Quit Catalyst

- Restart OSX (occasionally)

Big thanks again, I'll be back in touch if I experience problems after following recommended workarounds...

- Chris