5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 4:36 PM by SFChris

Crash

SFChris

Lots of recent beach balls when quitting Catalyst. Attached crash log.

- Chris

• 1. Re: CrashI
          arpstorm

I too have been getting this a bit.  I am also getting repeated crashes right now trying to edit a text box.  Here is the crash box text that keeps popping up.

brian

• 2. Re: Crash
            Eric Lopatin (Adobe) Level 2

Brian, Chris,

Thanks for the crash logs. Out of curiousity, did you both begin seeing crashes after you updated to 10.6.2? or did they begin happening prior to that?

Thanks,

Eric

• 3. Re: Crash
              arpstorm Level 1

Eric,

I did occasionally have issues where catalyst would get very slow for some time and I would have to bounce it to refresh performance.  This was especially true if I slept my machine with catalyst open, or if catalyst was left open for a long period.  The crashes however I believe did mainly start after 10.6.2, but this could also be to me not haiving worked on my project using catalyst for a few weeks.

brian

• 4. Re: Crash
                Eric Lopatin (Adobe) Level 2

Thanks Brian,

Since Beta 2 was posted, we've found and addressed memory leaks that caused Catalyst to slow down after it had been left running for a long while. I just heard back from the developer to whom I sent both crash logs. He noted that neither of these is 10.6.2-related. They are however resultant of low memory conditions. With Beta 2, I'd suggest quitting, clearing the workspace (delete files in user>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Flash Catalyst) and re-opening the FXP. If you continue to see crashes after that, please post new crash logs and we'll check them out.

Eric

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Crash
                  SFChris Level 1

Thanks Eric,

FYI, I did not experience this exact problem with Beta 1. My post was related to Catalyst Beta 2 hanging when attempting to quit Catalyst.

That said, I have noticed the risk of crash increases with the length of my Catalyst sessions, etc. To manage, with limited success, I was doing the following hourly:

- Save project

- Close project

- Quit Catalyst

- Restart OSX (occasionally)

Big thanks again, I'll be back in touch if I experience problems after following recommended workarounds...

- Chris