1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2009 3:51 PM by mewk

How to make font begger without useing 'font-size'?

The Bruder

Hi All,

I am writing a multilingual Flex4 application. When passing from English to Thai, i see the Thai font very small, though both of them are in the same font size (12).

Because i have different texts in the application with different sizes that are related to one each other  i need to tell somehow to the Flex that when i pass to Thai to enlarge all the fonts proportionally, is there a style name to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Lior

• 1. Re: How to make font begger without useing 'font-size'?
          mewk Level 3

the bruder,

I think I understand your problem and I wouldn't advise going the route you are inquiring about. Changing the font size style is best done with the fontSize style property .

You might be able to use the StyleManager to cycle through the fonts and increment/decrement the sizes as needed, but you'd probably need to add more css selectors to your code and I'd worry about affecting an objects font size more than once (pretty sure font size is inheritable).

Best solution would be to extract all style properties into an external style sheet and then create a separate one for Thai. You can compile the style sheets and then switch them in or out during runtime. This has several advantages: cleaner, more manageable code and reduced file size. You can read more about it here.

Thanks,

- e