3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2009 12:51 PM by the_wine_snob

Splitting a really long Clip

DrNikUK

Hi Folks

I'm using PE 8 and have a single video thats about 60 minutes long, its basically the camera on a tripod capture people doing jumps.

Whats the easiest way for me to split this so that I can remove the footage where nothing is happening and just get the times when folks hit the jump ?

Thanks

Nik

• 1. Re: Splitting a really long Clip
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Place the clip on your timeline and then use the Split tool (the scissors button on the Monitor) to slice and remove the segments you don't want.

• 2. Re: Splitting a really long Clip
            DrNikUK Level 1

Doh, thanks Steve

I was clicking the smart trim scissors, not the trim ones !

Nik

• 3. Re: Splitting a really long Clip
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Nik,

Using the same Tools, but a slightly different workflow, you can move the CTI (Current Time Indicator w/ the Edit Line) to where you wish to start cutting out footage, and then hit Ctrl+K to Razor, or Cut. Now, move it to the end of the segment that you wish to remove, right up the material that you wish to keep, and hit Ctrl+K again. The Clip has been separated. Rt-click on that section to be removed and choose Delete and Close Gap. Done, your disgarded footage is gone, and the gap in your good footage has been closed up automatically.

Note: you have only changed the "instance" of your source Clip, the one that appears on the Timeline, you have NOT changed/altered your original source footage in any way. PrE is a non-destructive editor.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful