1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 15, 2008 5:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

Using CSS templates.combine CSS with html files.

baldrn
      Hi,
      New to CSS and I have a free template I've downladed from my host. I can use either PSD or html. The html is using CSS code. Here is the part I don't understand how to apply this in Dreamweaver.
      The html folder has a styleCSS doc that opens with DW and it's only code. The other documents in there are webpages that open with Firefox. I can right click them and open with DW, but how do I integrate them into the CSS doc?
      The CSS doc is only code like a sample attached:
      I am Googling lots of tutorials but I'm missing something here. How do I use Dreamweaver to combine the included .html files with the styleCSS files in my template? And edit and publish from there? I just need a little "jump start" here please.
      Thank you,
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Using CSS templates.combine CSS with html files.
          Level 7
          baldrn wrote:
          > Hi,
          > New to CSS and I have a free template I've downladed from my host. I can use
          > either PSD or html. The html is using CSS code. Here is the part I don't
          > understand how to apply this in Dreamweaver.
          > The html folder has a styleCSS doc that opens with DW and it's only code. The
          > other documents in there are webpages that open with Firefox. I can right click
          > them and open with DW, but how do I integrate them into the CSS doc?

There should be a link to the css document in the head of each page.
          Open the page in code view and look for something similar to below (it
          should be near the top of the page)

<link rel="stylesheet" href="styleCSS.css">

If the link is there then you change the css styles through the css
          panel in Dreamweaver Window>CSS styles

If the link is not there then you must link to it using the CSS styles
          panel. Open the template file, go to the css panel, Windows>CSS styles>
          Click the 'link' icon at the bottom of the panel and browse out to the
          folder where the styleCSS file is and select it.

> The CSS doc is only code like a sample attached:
          > I am Googling lots of tutorials but I'm missing something here. How do I use
          > Dreamweaver to combine the included .html files with the styleCSS files in my
          > template? And edit and publish from there? I just need a little "jump start"
          > here please.
          > Thank you,
          > Mark
          >
          >
          > body{ background-color:#000000;}
          > .bg {background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat}
          > td {color:#434232; font-size:11px; font-family:Tahoma, Arial, Geneva,
          > sans-serif}
          > a.txt {color:#434232; font-size:11px; text-decoration:underline}
          > a.txt:hover {text-decoration:none}
          >