8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 6:52 AM by Jochem van Dieten

FlashBuilder beta 2 hangs on licensing

Jochem van Dieten Level 4

When I start FlashBuilder beta 2 on WinXP Sp3 I see the following symptoms:

- UI displays;

- about 2 seconds later the license key dialogue displays asking for a key or a trial;

- immediately afterwards the CF builder start page shows in the main FB window and the main FB window receives focus.

- the CPU usage returns to 0;

- when I click anywhere in the main window it won't work;

- when I switch focus to the license key dialogue the CPU jumps to 100% and the UI becomes unresponsive and after 5 minutes the application exists.

I have tried:

- start FB with the -clean switch;

- to rerun the mini setup for the shared libraries (setup.exe from the install.support\builder-common-mul-win folder);

- run the license recovery tool (licenserecover.exe from install.support\LicenseRecovery);

- restart the FlexNet service;

- restart the OS;

- remove and install FB.

I have attached the following documents in a .zip file:

- alm.log

- amt.log

- stacktrace.txt

- swtag.log

stacktrace.txt is a jstack trace of the FB application while it is in an unresponsive state eating the CPU. It shows FB working on com.adobe.flexide.amt.AMTLib.AMTObtainProductLicense(Native Method) and is stable (i.e. when I do multiple stack traces the results are always the same).

Other applications, both FC beta and registered versions of Acrobat Pro, Flash Pro etc. function correctly.