3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 1:19 PM by Jim_Simon

dvcprohd 1080i to DVD

bee19

Have footage of a presentation that was shot with the Panasonic HPX500 1080i. Have it all edited in CS4 with the correct project setting. Some of the recipients require a DVD (NTSC) instead of Blu-Ray so I need to convert to SD and author a DVD (in Encore).

Just wondering if anyone has any settings out of CS4 (4.2) with 1080i footage with excellent results and could post. Don't know if using Dynamic Link straight to Encore is an acceptable option.

Thanks

• 1. Re: dvcprohd 1080i to DVD
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Please watch my tutorial CS4 HD to SD.

Then test the workflow that I outline with a short segment of your footage to see if the quality meets your standards.  Scaling interlaced HD footage down to SD resolution is tougher for Pr than scaling progressive footage, which is why you need to judge the results for yourself.

Also search in the forum for "hd2sd".  Dan Isaacs' AviSynth script does a much better job than Pr at scaling interlaced HD footage down to SD resolution.

-Jeff

• 2. Re: dvcprohd 1080i to DVD
            bee19 Level 1

Thanks Jeff...I did watch your video. It is good stuff and I will try your settings you used in the 1080i part to see how the results come out. We have a pretty fast editing rig and for the 1 hour or so of the presentation, AME was needing around 5 hours. I'll let it run tonight to see how it comes out.

I did see Dan's guide and will give a try next to see how it comes out.

We have the Blackmagic HD Extreme 3 in here just for testing exported out an BM AVI uncompressed AVI file NTSC wide and then into Encore. Came out ok, nothing great. Was too "soft" for my taste.

I'll try Dan's right now then your's overnight and see how it comes out.

Thanks

• 3. Re: dvcprohd 1080i to DVD
              Jim_Simon Level 8

We have the Blackmagic HD Extreme 3

As a point of interest, you should always mention third party add-ons in the original post.